Please read this carefully
The basic principles
Knowing something about our users is, however, necessary to ensure that our service is continually improved. We need to build an accurate picture of the needs and wishes of our users, and to be able to communicate with you. That enables us to offer a service that is relevant and truly interactive, which is what our users expect. It also helps us to maintain free-to-user access to much of the Website.
We answer your important questions
"What information do you collect about me?"
• We automatically collect some data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. This is aggregate data and does not identify any individual.
• We may also ask you to provide personal information on a voluntary basis in order to get a clearer picture of our users. It is then entirely up to you whether you are happy to give us this information.
• In the course of entering competitions, promotions and other online offers you will be asked to give some details about yourself. You may also choose to e–mail us or make contact with us in other ways. Such contact gives us information about you.
• If you have any financial dealings or make purchases with our trading partners on co–branded sites, they will ask for certain information. This information may be shared with us.
"For what purposes do you collect and use this information?"
• We use aggregate audience details (where no individual is identifiable) to help us improve our understanding of our users and their preferences. We use it to assist us in arranging relevant advertising, commercial opportunities and competitions, as well as ensuring the best educational coverage. It also helps us develop this Website and audit it’s use.
The information about you as an identifiable individual, including contact details, may be used in the following ways:
• to contact you for various purposes ( eg. event and workshop notification).
• to create and draw to your attention editorial material and commercial opportunities that may be of interest to you.
• to be shared with advertisers, trading partners and other commercial entities with whom we have or might have an association. We may also share the information that they obtain about their users, which may include you.
“The quality and security of your personal information.”
Sharelord promotes information privacy principles and fair information practices. We do not sell or lease personal customer information to anyone, nor do we buy or rent personal information from third parties. We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end, we have procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to external service providers for the purposes of our business, on a confidential basis, for example an agent, mailing houses and Graduate Support providers. We do reserve the right to report personal information in the limited circumstances where we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is required to cooperate with regulating or law enforcement authorities, to collect or report debts owed to us and to protect our rights or property.
We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (eg. your address, email address etc.) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
We are committed to maintaining a high level of security of our client(s) files and personal information.
Sharelord uses the following security measures to protect personal information:
• locked offices;
• alarm systems which are monitored 24 hours a day by security personnel;
• passwords on all computers;
• a firewall on our computer network and
• virus protection software.
"How private are my details?"
• Sharelord and associates only share personal information about you with third parties whom we have selected carefully and with whom we have, or may have, a commercial relationship. Identification complies with the relevant legal requirements and takes all reasonable care to ensure that your information is secure and private and is only seen by responsible third parties. However we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third party who receives or obtains access to the information, nor for any breach of security.
• As far as practicable, Sharelord ensures that unauthorised people cannot access secure data through our website or servers. Our servers use encryption and/or authentication to protect your sensitive information. Our staff members also follow confidentiality policies that are designed to protect your personal privacy.
• If you tell us that you do not want us to use your details, then data about your use of the Web Site would then only form part of aggregated statistics and would not be related to you as an individual.
"What do I do if I am not happy for you to share information about me with others?"
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser of your computer's hard disk so that this website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this Website:
Session Cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave this Website.
Persistent Cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of each specific cookie).
How we collect cookies on this Website and what information we collect
• Session Cookies: To allow you to carry information across pages of this Website and avoid having to re-enter information.
• Persistent Cookies: To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to this Website and to allow us to tailor content, advertisements and the presentation of this Website to match your preferences. To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use this Website and to help us improve the structure of this Website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this Website. These are used for the following purposes:
• To serve advertisements on this Website and track whether advertisements are clicked on by users.
• To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
• To count the number of anonymous users of this Website.
• To provide security within transactions.
Use of Web Beacons
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of this Website if cookies are disabled.
International transfer of personal data
As you will know, the Internet does not recognise national boundaries. Services on the net are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always confined to one country. You should be aware that by using this Website and those of our partners or any site we link through to, your personal data may be processed in or transferred to other countries and you agree to your personal data being transferred or processed in this way. Links to other sites outside of Sharelord do not apply to this privacy statement.
We are not responsible for privacy policies of other websites linked to Sharelord. Please read the privacy statement of each website linked to Sharelord for information and data use for visitor’s personal identification.